An overview of thalassemia treatment in India
Are you planning to undergo thalassemia treatment in India? It is a disorder when the count of red blood cells and haemoglobin levels are normal than the expected lines. You need to figure out the fact that there are several times of thalassemia that exist. In case if you are suffering from a mild version of it then you would need any form of treatment. On the other hand if it works out to be a severe version you would need to be part of frequent blood transfusions. There are steps that you can take to deal with fatigue. This would mean a healthy diet along with a proper exercise regime.
As far as the symptoms or signs of thalassemia are concerned, it would be dependent upon the disorder you are suffering in the first place. In case of some babies you do find the symptoms at the time of birth, whereas in case of others it could emerge in the first two years of life. In case of kids who have only the gene of haemoglobin that is affected you might not find any symptoms at all. If you notice any sort of symptoms in your child, then the time is right for you to schedule an appointment with a doctor.
The major form of complications with thalassemia include
- Overload of iron- people who are known to suffer from this disorder have too much of iron in their bodies. The causes of it could be frequent blood transfusions as well. if there is too much of iron it could lead to a damage of your liver or the heart.
- People who are prone to thalassemia have an increased chance of infection. It is going to be all the more true when you are having the spleen removed.
- In other causes bone deformities may also be experienced as well.
When it works out to be the case of moderate thalassemia, the chances are that you can figure it out in the first couple of hours in your life. In case if you have found out any symptoms or disorders it is better to consult your doctor. At this point of time you might be asked to visit a doctor who specializes in the treatment of blood disorders. The problem would be that the appointments could be a lot in brief and you would need to cover a host of other things. It would be better if you approach the appointment with a sense of preparation.
- Just note down on a piece of paper the symptoms which the child is experiencing. At the same time right out the personal changes which you feel have taken place. If anyone in your family is suffering from the same you would need to bring it to the attention of the medical staff.
- Do make a list of all the medications along with the supplements you are taking
- Perhaps the most important prepare a list of questions which you need to ask the doctor.