Trends in Fitness in 2018
One great way to stay motivated for staying healthy in 2018 is by trying out some of the latest crazes in the fitness world. Last year, the main trend was wellness holidays and meditation meant for both physical and mental health.
But here are some fitness trends for 2018 which have been adopted by recently fitness and lifestyle leading companies in UK as well as the individual:
- Yoga: This stays as the top trend for physical and mental health. It appeals to a wide cross section of people and individuals can choose from traditional (Hatha yoga, Bikramyoga, Power yoga) and unusual types like Beer Yoga, Goat yoga etc.
- Older adults’ fitness: Thanks to long life expectancy, there are a major numbers of senior citizens seeking fitness. The baby boomer generation is now aged 50 to 70 and hasto pay attention to carefully done exercise to improve strength and mobility. The older generation can join walking clubs where they can socialize and try to stay fit. Balancing exercises can help them prevent falls in the future. Low impact exercises like swimming and light aerobics can be enjoyed by older adults.
- Get back to play: The rage in 2018 will be to return to a childlike world of play. There is a fast growing movement of classes which focuses on games which get people moving while totally having fun. Changing from hard core tasks like running to a fun, playful approach can make a huge difference.
- Live streaming classes: While this is not new, live streaming classes will ultimately gain much momentum in 2018. It will make you look forward to exercise time. Online classes will help individuals save time, by being able to do exercises at home.
- Get pets active: Exercising with pets will take the spotlight in 2018, whether it is walking your dog or accompanying your cat to cat yoga studio. Thus you can combine your two loves- doing exercise and playing with your furry friends. It is a market with huge potential and great for both you and your pet.
- Boxing: though this trend was centre stage from last year, it shows no signs of stopping. One can feel much empowered by punching a bag. Boxing will be popular in 2018, whether in a private gym, your home or group fitness classes.
- Family fitness routines: It might seem impossible to begin exercising with the whole brood in tow. But in 2018, family classes for fitness are growing in popularity. You might think that bringing along kids to fitness centres may prove an inconvenience. But the latter have come up with tricks to get the family involved like races, hula hoop competitions and fun exercises. This has made family outings popular in recently fitness and lifestyle leading companies in UK.
- DNA testing: From allergy tests to uncovering family tree or heritage tracking, DNA testing has emerged as a favourite activity. Genetic data is helping take wellness and health insights to the next level. The potential of genetic testing is to reveal how you are built such that you can customize your life style as per your biology- and design your fitness regime for getting great results.
These are some of the hottest trends in the world of fitness in 2018.